TRP

TRP

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Second Season of "Doomsday Preppers"

            The National Geographic TV show Doomsday Preppers is back for another season. I wrote several blog entries earlier this year postulating whether program helped or hurt the Prepper movement. I’ve come to the conclusion that it does both. It adds fire to the arguments by non-Preppers that we are crazy, but it gives ideas and support to those that want to know more about preparing for a society-changing event. You can call that wishy-washy if you want, but it is the truth. 

            How has it helped me as a Prepper? I now know there are people out there that are far more paranoid than me (and still want to be on TV).[ Note: NatGeo would be bored at my house and so would their audience so I don’t expect any calls.] I have seen some great ideas for storing preps (just need to buy some more bookcases). I would love to buy a Crovel (even though the inventor shot his thumb off on TV) but they are too expensive.

            The new season starts on November 17. I will absolutely be DVR’ing it for future entertainment. I suggest you do, as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment